I’ve decided to add this little FAQ to OneScrappyMom to help with some of the basic questions that come through email. Hopefully this will answer some of them, but if you have specific questions please contact me!
How do I get my product reviewed or featured on OneScrappyMom?
- Please use my contact form to contact me about your product. We review a wide variety of products on OneScrappyMom. We will review any items we feel fit the blog, household and reader demographic.
Do you require images of the products?
- One thing I take great pride in here at OneScrappyMom is my photos. I prefer to use my own pictures of your product in use. I feel this gives readers and potential consumers a good measure of the product. I do watermark ANY and ALL of my photos. This is not open for negotiation. Sorry, my images have been taken before and this ensures they are mine, for both my comfort and safety and yours! There are however times my photographs do not do justice to your product. In those cases I will use your stock company photos. Because those photos are YOURS and not mine, they will not contain my watermark.
What is your review time line or process?
- I do my best to get products reviewed in a timely matter. There are times that I cannot get to things as quickly as I’d like. I am a mother and wife first, and that does take priority over my blog. My blog IS my job and I do take it seriously, so I do have a schedule and system in place to ensure timely reviews/posts. I do NOT email you when the product arrives. If you need an email, please let me know. In order to keep things moving, I don’t email until I have a post or information for you. As soon as the review/post is complete, I will promptly email you that link in addition to all the cross promotion links (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
May we “share” your posts with our fans?
- Once my post is live, please feel free to share it on your company Facebook page, Retweet the Twitter post or email a link to your co-workers or subscribers. You may post a company website or blog, directing readers to the post. It must link back to my site and my post and may not have an exert more then 160 characters. You may take that 160 characters directly from the post or add your own thoughts. This does NOT pertains to any other site or blog that is wishing to share my content. Please contact me to discuss that. You many NOT copy the post completely for reposting on your site or blog. If you do link to my post however, please let me know as I am happy to share YOUR link with my readers, on my Facebook Page and/or Twitter page.
What happens if you aren’t a fan of our product or find negative things?
- While I generally won’t accept an item that I don’t feel will work for us (to avoid this situation) there IS times where I cannot complete a review or have found too many downfalls. If this happens I will contact you and I will give you the option of having the review posted. You ARE sending an item for review and therefor you will get an honest review back. I will NOT change a review or wording based on sponsor feedback. This is why I give you the option to have the review ‘held’ and not posted for readers. This doesn’t mean the product is bad, it’s just not a fit for us.
Is my review, product information, links, etc permanently accessible?
- Content is not purged from the site. For this reason, your post, information, links and otherwise are always in place. There has been a problem with hosts in the past and we have had to change hosts or restore from back ups. Unfortunately in the world wide web this happens. I make a weekly back-up but with 2-4 posts (on average) a day, there may be times when something is lost. I try my best to make sure the content remains though. Please note: OneScrappyMom has been online since 2006. In 2008, we changed the direction of the blog, and thus purge content no longer relevant. It was personal content and removed for personal reasons.
Do you charge to have a product reviewed or featured?
- There is NO charge to have your product or review featured on OneScrappyMom. There are however, some stipulations to this. I will NOT review sample size items. We do review the products fully and this included multiple uses. I can not review a one use type product. I appreciate your understanding in this. We also can not review any item under a $50 retail price. If your items is less then that and you still want a review, contact me. The reason for this is simply because we take a lot of time to review, photo, link, etc the posts to properly promote and showcase your product. Our time is valuable and thus we have to set a minimum. We MAY make exceptions to this on a case by cases basis so its best to contact us.
We are looking for some additional promotions for our product, but don’t require a review.
- We can accommodate you! If you’d like to host a reader giveaway, we have a flat fee for this service. Again, the reason for this is simply because we take a lot of time to review, photo, link, etc the posts to properly promote and showcase your product. Our time is valuable and thus we have to set a minimum. If you don’t want to host a reader giveaway, but would like to have some space on OneScrappyMom, please contact me.
What happens with unsolicited items mailed to you or items not including PR contact information?
- There are times when I am sent an item that I did not speak to someone about. If this happens, items ARE considered for review, however there is no guarentee. These items will also be posted about as time allows. I approve and schedule things for a reason and I appreciate you understanding this. Items that are sent and contain no contact information are scheduled as long as I can put a name with the item. If you are from XYZ PR Company and you send a toy and I have never worked with the brand, how do I know it belongs to XYZ PR Company? Most times I am able to pull up the information in my email, but in the event I can’t, these items are also only posted about as time allows.
Do you return items or accept loaner items?
- Items sent for review are NOT returned. Since we do take great pride in reviewing everything completely we do not return items. If you have an item that you are wanting to do a loan on, please contact me as they are done on a case by case basis.
What is your policy for press releases?
- While I appreciate and love each and every brand I work with, there are numerous amounts of press releases that I receive on a daily basis. Unfortunately with time restrictions and products in hand, there is no time to post such press releases. I do offer editorial posts for a nominal fee for this though. Please note: If you have a charity and you are requesting a release, these are handled differently case by case. Please contact me for a link to the media kit, which contains blog stats, pricing, demographic information and more.
Are you FTC Compliant?
- This is another topic we take very seriously. We are 100% FTC Compliant with either a text or image link at the end of each and every sponsored post. Sorry, this is something we will not remove or omit from a post.
Do you travel for a company or brand?
- I do offer myself to be open to travel for brands or products wishing to reach out to the blogger community. In such cases, travel plans MUST be pre-approved by us. In addition, you are required to cover said expenses involved with the trip. This includes but is not limited to: hotel, transportation and meals. Please contact me for details and availability and to set up blogger travel.
Page last updated December, 2011