Recently I was in Chicago (this last weekend) for a popular blog conference. There are many hotels in the area and I am no stranger to Chicago. I know Chicago pretty well as there is a large amount of media events there that I attend. This was the first time I’ve stayed at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place and I can say without a doubt that I will be back (in fact I am about to book a trip in November). The hotel is very close to the ever popular Navy Pier, Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, US Cellular Field and Museum Campus.
Upon arrival I was greeted by the hotel staff. They were amazingly nice. They unloaded my car, brought my luggage in for me and kept it near them while I checked in. I didn’t have to lug all that through the check in line. The staff who checked me in to my room at the front desk were super friendly. Over all, my first impression was a lasting and wonderful one.
Some of my favorite selling points?
- The Hyatt Regency McCormick Place has recently undergone an $110 million dollar renovation and expansion which included the addition of a second tower with 460 new guest rooms and suites and a complete overhaul of all guest rooms, public spaces, restaurants, fitness center, and meeting space.
- Hyatt’s StayFit Health Club is open 24 Hours and our indoor pool is open from 5am-10pm daily.
- Hyatt’s new “Hyatt Has It” program: forget a cell phone charger, curling iron, razor, make up remover, steamer… you name it! Hyatt Has It! Items can be borrowed complimentary or purchased onto your guestroom depending on the nature.
- No more generic shampoos and soaps. All guests at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place now enjoy upgraded bath amenities and products from KenetMD Skin Care.
- Relax after a busy day in Mx Lounge. Surroundedbylarge HD TV’s and all the latest news and sports action, Mx offers a wide selection of beers and wines from our wine rooms as well as Hyatt’s Diamond cocktails.
- The contemporary Chicago grill, Shor, offers both classic and creative menu items that incorporate the concepts of sustainability and responsibility. From farm fresh leafy salads, and tantalizing grilled steaks and chops, to a variety of enticing seafood, poultry, and pasta selections, our Executive Chef works to provide you with the freshest experience that is both memorial and delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Is It Affordable?
The Hyatt Regency is a very affordable option. Whether you are traveling on business or with the family, you can rest assured that the rates are great! And to make it sweeter, they are offering a special summer Total Freedom Package! The total Freedom Package is the best summer deal! Whether you’ll be in town for 4th of July Fireworks, the Taste of Chicago, Lollapalooza, a pre-season Bears game, or just to enjoy a stay-cation in beautiful Chicago, our new Total Freedom Package gives you everything you’ll need to relax and enjoy yourself. First, you’ll receive complimentary self- parking and Internet with your stay (a $42/night value). Then we’ll top it off with a hot, tasty breakfast for 2 in Shor Restaurant; all for the same price as our daily rate! Enjoy summer in style and on a budget with our Total Freedom Package available now through August 31st.
Also Worth Noting!
The check-in time is 3:00pm, which is pretty standard, but my favorite.. check-out time is 12:00 noon! Most hotels are so much earlier then that. I love having the freedom of waking up in the morning and being awake before throwing myself, my bags and everything else into the car and leaving. The Hyatt Regency McCormick also features PURE Hypo-Allergenic Rooms. This is so ideal for those traveling with allergy needs. The room temperature and comfort level was so very easy to maintain. So many times I leave and come back to a HOT room or a FREEZING room. I never had that problem. The room was so very nice and the temperature maintained so well.
Truth be told, I will look at Hyatt first and foremost when I am back in Chicago. I really enjoyed my stay there. I enjoyed the wonderful staff, the accommodations of the hotel and the food choices that were right within the hotel. Check them out! You won’t be disappointed!
Disclosure: I attended a media event in Chicago and was provided with a media rate at the Hyatt Regency McCormick. I was given the information and special to share with my readers. All views and opinions with regard to the products or company itself are my own and were not influenced, nor reviewed, by the company prior to posting.