I have to admit, for me there is nothing that I love more then a clean and close shaven husband. It’s something that I have always liked. I am not a facial hair kind of person. The problem is my husband works swing shift at the paper mill and when he’s working 4-5 days in a row he doesn’t really have the time or the desire to shave. An electric shaver is something that we have tried MANY times. In fact I can probably pull 5 or 6 of them out of the bathroom closet. For one reason or another, they really aren’t worth it.
Recently, I agreed to work with Philips Norelco and they put my challenge to the test with their SensoTouch 3D Shaver. Now I have to admit, I was skeptical and thought that this would end with yet another shaver tossed in the closet. I am happy to report that this electric shaver is nothing like any of the others that we have tried. The SensoTouch 3D Shaver doesn’t cause my husband to have that rash afterwards. It also leaves his face as close shaven as a bladed razor does. The thing about the SensoTouch 3D that is even better is that it is completely cordless for the freedom to move around the house while he shaves.
There are many unique features about this electric shaver including:
- Strong battery with a quick charge that offers 50 minutes of use
- Turbo power boost button
- Indicators tell you when the battery is low and when shaving heads need to be replaced
- Capable of wet (with foam) and dry use
- Fully washable
- Slim handle with easy grip so hands don’t slip
- Finished in a ruby black frame with LED display
- Cleaning brush and protection cap
- 2 year guarantee
- The GyroFlex 3D contour-following heads adjust seamlessly to every curve of your face, minimizing pressure and irritation on the skin. As I said, this was a huge problem for us with all the other shavers that we used. For me to see that Norelco made this a priority for the SensoTouch 3D was really good. It’s definitely a unique feature to the SensoTouch 3D.
- The shaving head has 3 specialized tracks: slots for normal hair; channels for long or flat hair; and holes for the short stubble. This is again something that has always been a problem. Most shavers LEAVE a stubble, so having one that actually catches the stubble is another wonderful feature.
- The dual blade system built into the electric shavers lifts hairs to cut easily below skin level for a closer shave. For my husband, the large problem with many electric shavers was the closeness of the shave. What’s the point in using an electric shaver if you still have to shave because of the stubble. Something that is the reason for shaving is over looked by most electric shavers.
- The Aquatec wet and dry seal lets you choose a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave. My husband hasn’t used the wet side of this shaver because for him, the ability to shave and move around is really ideal. We are a busy household with 2 kids and a dog, so the freedom of not being stuck in the bathroom is something he is loving. He’s not really one to use a foam when he shaves with a razor anyway, so this just isn’t something that we have tried. We have gotten it wet though to make sure it’s safe and works after it’s wet. It of course does and with the amazing cleaning system that comes with the SensoTouch 3D, this shaver definitely is a wet or dry shaver.
- Easy to use for precise moustache and sideburn trimming. My husband really loved the sideburn trimmer on the SensoTouch 3D. It was very use to use and made a very clean cut.
- Jet Clean system cleans and lubricates the blades and charges the battery after every use. This is a very nice feature, there is very little effort for cleaning. Set the shaver in the “bath container” and it will clean and lubricate and be all ready to use for the next time. Cleaning does take about 2 hours, but it’s actually not bad because you start it and you walk away and it takes care of itself.
The SensoTouch 3D is very smooth, quite and easy to use. It cleans up in a minutes and is an all together great electric shaver. The close shave is so much better then any other electric shaver and I love not having to use a razor.
FTC Disclosure: I was provided with a product for this review. All views and opinions with regard to the products or company itself are my own and were not influenced, nor reviewed, by the company prior to posting.